08 June (9am) & 09 June (9.30am) Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts Campus 3, Multi-Purpose Hall, Level 4 Qualification: All applicants must be over 18 years of age and should hold a
08 June (9am) & 09 June (9.30am)
Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts Campus 3, Multi-Purpose Hall, Level 4
Qualification: All applicants must be over 18 years of age and should hold a music degree/diploma or are currently enrolled in a music programme. Observers that are auditing the course are not subjected to the qualification.
Tution Fee: The full tuition for Active Participants in the Masterclass will be SGD $650. The fee for auditing the class will be SGD $30 per session/ SGD $100 for the whole masterclass.
How to apply: Applications can be submitted here – https://bit.ly/db-sgconductingapply
All Applications for Active Participants must be received by 30 April 2019.
The deadline for applying as an Auditing Student will be 08 June 2019.
Required Documents for Applicants:
All Active Participants that are submitting their Application should submit:
Resume or Curriculum Vitae in PDF Format
- Personal Particulars, Education, Performance Experience, List of Main Repertoire conducted.
Video links of Rehearsals or Performances
- Video links should be uploaded on a platform where it could be accessed easily without a password, such as Youtube, Vimeo, etc.
- Videos should be made within the last 12 months, 5 to 10 mins in length, at least partially taken from a performance or rehearsal and taken from a Face-On Camera angle.
There will be a total of 10 Active Participants for the Masterclass and will be notified via E-mail no later than 03 May 2019. PDF Scores of all works will be supplied to Active Participants by 03 May 2019 on request. Active Participants will also receive an Information Pack on Course Schedule and Administration Details by 15 May 2019 via E-mail.
Participant Rights and Additional Remarks:
- Each Active Participant will receive a Masterclass Certificate upon completion of the course.
- All Active Participants will receive a Sandisk Memory Card of all their conducting videos throughout the 2 day course.
- Lunch (upon request), refreshments, snacks and beverages will be provided for Active Participants. But there should be no consumption of food and beverages in the masterclass venue itself.
Masterclass Repertoire and Score Information:
[ Two Pianos ]
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Overture to Die Zauberflöte K. 620
Publisher: Bärenreiter https://www.baerenreiter.com/en/shop/product/details/BA8806/
Felix Mendelssohn: Overture “The Hebrides” Op. 26
Publisher: Breitkopf Urtext https://www.breitkopf.com/work/8395/die-hebriden-mwv-p-7-op-26-konzert-ouverture-nr-2
[ Session 2: Chamber Ensemble ]
Ludwig van Beethoven: Symphony No. 1 in C Major Op. 21
Publisher: Ut Orpheus Edizioni https://www.utorpheus.com/product_info.php?products_id=1712
[ Session 3: Chamber Ensemble ]
Igor Stravinsky: Octet for Wind Instruments, 1952 Revision
Publisher: Boosey and Hawkes https://www.boosey.com/cr/purchase-music/Igor-Stravinsky-Octet-for-Wind-Instruments/826
[ Session 4: Chamber Ensemble ]
Antonin Dvorak: Serenade for Wind Instruments, Cello and Double Bass Op. 44
Publisher: Bärenreiter or Kalmus https://www.baerenreiter.com/en/shop/product/details/BA10424/ or http://www.kalmus.com/product_detail.php?id=33161
Information for the 2019 Singapore Conducting Masterclass can be found here
june 8 (Saturday) - 9 (Sunday)
Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts Multi-Purpose Hall
151 Bencoolen St, Singapore 189656