Thursday, 2 February 2023
Victoria Concert Hall, 8pm
$68, $48, $18, Available here
Join the Singapore Lyric Opera (SLO) in an evening of high notes and emotions as four world-class Asian vocal powerhouses share the same stage for the very first time!
Featuring the preeminent Hong Kong Chinese tenor and one of China’s Three Tenors, Warren Mok, and Hong Kong’s young lyric tenor Samuel Huang; they will be joined by international star Wang Bing Bing, the very first Chinese soprano to release a classical album with Sony Classical Records, as well as celebrated soprano and SLO Artistic Director Nancy Yuen.
Indulge in a selection of famous arias from Puccini’s Turandot, Madama Butterfly, and Tosca, as well as Verdi’s Rigoletto, La Traviata, and Aida. This gala also includes favourites by other Italian, French and American composers like Bellini, Massenet and Carlisle Floyd.
One of Singapore’s most versatile conductors, Joshua Tan, will direct the SLO Orchestra as the accompanying ensemble. Don’t miss a memorable evening of operatic classics!
1. Overture from La Forza Del Destino by Verdi
2. La donna é mobile from Rigoletto by Verdi (Warren Mok, Samuel Huang)
3. Casta diva, Ah! Bello a me ritorno from Norma by Bellini (Wang Bing Bing)
4. De’ miei bollenti spiriti from La Traviata by Verdi (Samuel Huang)
5. È il sol dellánima from Rigoletto by Verdi (Nancy Yuen, Samuel Huang)
6. Elucevan le stelle from Tosca by Puccini (Warren Mok)
7. Recondita armonia from Tosca by Puccini (Samuel Huang)
8. The trees on the mountain from Susannah by Carlisle Floyd (Nancy Yuen)
9. Vogliatemi bene from Madama Butterfly by Puccini (Wang Bing Bing, Warren Mok)
10. Intermezzo from Cavalleria Rusticana
11. Pourquoi me réveiller from Werther by Massenet (Samuel Huang)
12. Oh! Quante volte from I Capuleti e i Montecchi by Bellini (Nancy Yuen)
13.Dein ist mein ganzes Herz from Das Land des Lächelns by Lehár (Warren Mok)
14. Ah! Je ris de me voir from Faust by Gounod (Wang Bing Bing)
15. O terra, addio from Aida by Verdi (Nancy Yuen, Warren Mok)
16. Parigi o cara from La Traviata by Verdi (Wang Bing Bing Wang, Samuel Huang)
17. Nessun dorma from Turandot by Puccini (Warren Mok, Samuel Huang)
18. Lippen schweigen from The Merry Widow by Lehár (All)
A contributing editor at TBP.