Saturday to Tuesday, 3 to 6 December 2022
Internationally-renowned conductor Peter Stark returns this year with a three-day conducting seminar, covering topics spanning from rehearsal preparation, conducting techniques and leadership from the podium, in addition to conducting masterclasses.
For the conducting masterclasses with Peter Stark, shortlisted conducting applicants will have the opportunity to conduct and work with a wind ensemble.
Active Participants – Conductors:
- We welcome early-career professionals, band directors, choral directors and tertiary students to participate in the conducting seminar.
- All conductors will receive the videos of their conducting during the masterclass with additional feedback observations from YST Adjunct Conducting Faculty, Adrian Chiang.
- The fee for each conducting participant is $250.
- All musicians and music students are welcome to join us for this seminar as observers.
- The fee for each observer is $80.
Additional Information on Fees:
- Fees for participants / observers will have to be paid by attendees before the event date in order to confirm your participation / attendance slot.
- Further information on payment details will be sent via email to registered persons after we receive your application via the online sign-up form below.
- Current students are eligible to apply for waiver of fees (free of charge to attend the seminar) – student pass must be produced for verification upon request.
All registered participants & observers should attend the entire programme as scheduled.
Please email email@example.com with ample notice if you are not able to attend all the sessions.
Schedule is subject to change.
Sat, 3 Dec 2022: 7pm-9pm (Seminar)
Mon, 5 Dec 2022: 3pm-6pm (Seminar)
Mon, 5 Dec 2022: 6pm-7.30pm (Dinner Break)
Mon, 5 Dec 2022: 7.30pm-10pm (Conducting Masterclass, with Ensemble)
Tue, 6 Dec 2022: 3pm-6pm (Seminar)
Tue, 6 Dec 2022: 6pm-7.30pm (Dinner Break)
Tue, 6 Dec 2022: 7.30pm-10pm (Conducting Masterclass, with Ensemble)
Self-Testing Requirement for Participants & Observers:
All participants, observers, tutors and staff regardless of vaccination status are required to administer a self-test with an Antigen Rapid Test (ART) kit on each event day before proceeding to the event.
New ART kits will be reimbursed to you on the event day.
Repertoire for Conducting Masterclass
JAMES BARNES Symphonic Overture, Op. 80
JAMES BARNES Third Symphony, Op. 89
The ensemble will be made up of at least 30 players from the wind band VENTUS.
Digital scores will be sent via email to shortlisted conducting participants after the registration closing date.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions, or if you require any further clarification.
Due to a limited number of slots for conducting participants, you will be informed via email after the registration closing date whether you have been shortlisted to participate in the conducting masterclass as an active participant. You may then proceed to let SNYO know if you would like to observe throughout the Conducting Seminar as on observer, and the fees for observers will be payable upon confirmation.
A contributing editor at TBP.