Organized by the Wind Bands Association of Singapore (WBAS), the WBAS Youth Band Festival 2015 is open to all band students from primary school to university level.
Participating students will experience advanced band musical literature, learn to develop ownership to a culture of excellence, be it musical or extra-musical, and develop friendship through music to effect sharing of best practices and exchange of ideas in a healthy competitive environment.
As a requirement, interested students are required to take an audition to confirm the acceptance of participation. Students may sign up to audition for the following bands:
- Junior Band (age 10 to 14)
- Intermediate Band (age 12 to 17)
- Advanced Band (age 16 to 25)
Audition Dates: 17 October 2015
Audition Fee: $5 (will become part of band festival participation fee if candidate passes the audition)
Time: 10am to 6pm
Register via this site, only if you are able to attend all rehearsal days and the concert itself.
For those who are applying for the Advanced Band, make a video recording of your choice piece and all scales listed, and post it on YouTube before sending the link to email@example.com by 17 October.
- A piece of your choice (50%)
- Relevant scales (20%)
- Sight-reading tests (30%)
Participants will be assigned to different bands based on age and performance skills.
Festival Dates: 12, 14, 15, 16 December 2015
Concert Date: 17 December 2015 (Esplanade Concert Hall)
Festival Participation Fee: $70
Local students are allowed to use Edusave for this programme (pending approval from school)
- Professional faculty members teaching at sectionals and full band rehearsals
- Workshop and clinics with professional faculty for all students
- Repertoire of appropriate challenge for students at all level
- Team building activities to boost learning and interaction among Singapore’s talented young musicians
Forms and Information
- Application Form and Audition Tips
- Audition Preparation: contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration and General Enquiries: contact email@example.com
A contributing editor at TBP.